What are the different types of offers available via OnMarket?
There are four types of offers available via OnMarket.
- Pre-IPO: when a company raises capital in the lead up to its planned IPO, generally at a discount to the IPO price.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO): when a company sells its shares to the public for the first time, enabling them to list on a stock exchange, such as ASX or NSX.
- IPO Pathfinder: when a company asks investors to commit to participating in an IPO before the prospectus has been lodged with ASIC, this is done via a ‘pathfinder’ prospectus.
- Placement: when a company that is already listed on a stock exchange undertakes a capital raise via the issue of new shares.
- Equity Crowdfunding: when a company enables a large group of individuals to invest in their early-stage business in return for part-ownership of the business (equity).
To participate in a pre-IPO, IPO pathfinder or in some cases a placement, you will need to qualify as a section 708 investor. For more information, click here.
If you would like further information about the different offers OnMarket, please see our New to Investing section.